Monthly Splurge: YSL Rouge Pur Couture – Vernis a Levres Glossy Stain
If you’re in the market for a lip gloss that does NOT come off on everything that comes within 3 feet of your face, this is your stuff. YSL’s Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levers Glossy Stain (seriously what is UP with that long-ass name) stays like a stain, but is far from sticky. Basically, I thought lipsticks like this were impossible, but it turns out they exist.
Of course they come with a hefty price. These badass glosses run $34 a pop – HOWEVER, they are a perfect beauty pick-me-up to beat the doldrums of the upcoming winter. I was recommended the “Rose Babydoll” shade by my fabulous makeup artist sister from another mister, Chelsea Weller. Easily the best $34 I’ve spent this year.
Reasons this lip gloss rocks:
- It’s a stain
- It’s a lipstick
- It’s a gloss
- It smells lovely, almost like a gin and tonic
- The applicator is basically perfect, and I want it on every lip gloss I ever wear now
- It stays on until you remove it with makeup remover
- The packaging is gorgeous
- This shade is limited edition, to grab it fast (or buy one of the other awesome colors)
- You deserve it